Does your food come from a farm or a factory?
If there is one food philosophy that I have embraced and fully believe, it is “eat real food”—real, natural, whole, traditional foods that our ancestors ate…that we are therefore physiologically adapted to eat. Sticking with that motto takes a lot of the guesswork out of it.
My food philosophy…
- Eat real food: Choose real, natural, whole, traditional, unprocessed foods.
- Focus on nutrients, not calories: Choose nutrient-dense foods. Eat as many nutrients as possible in as few calories as possible.
- Choose local foods in season: Choose foods that grow or are raised near you. Eat within your environment.
- Eat according to your unique metabolism: Discover what foods work best for your body and avoid foods that harm you.
- Balance proteins, fats, and carbohydrates: Remember that complete proteins and natural fats are essential to health, processed carbohydrates are not.
- Limit your exposure to toxins of all kinds: Choose organic, naturally and sustainably produced foods. Know where your food comes from; know the people who grow and raise it.